People on low incomes who need to self-isolate and are unable to work from home in areas with high incidence of COVID-19 will benefit from a new payment scheme. To be eligible for the funding, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Have tested positive for Covid-19 or received a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking them to self-isolate
- Have agreed to comply with the notification from NHS Test and Trace and provided contact details to the local authority.
- Be employed or self-employed. Employed people will be asked to show proof of employment. Self-employed will be required to show evidence of trading income and that their business delivers services which the local authority reasonably judges they are unable to carry out without social contact
- Be unable to work from home (checks will be undertaken on all applicants) and will lose income a result
- Be currently receiving Universal Credit or Working Tax Credit.
More information is available here.