Guidance on claiming for employees wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme has been updated:
- The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme is being extended until 31 March 2021.
- 30 November 2020 is the last day employers can submit or change claims for periods ending on or before 31 October 2020.
- Claims for furlough days in November 2020 must be submitted by 14 December 2020.
- Guidance has been updated with detail on employer claim information that HMRC will make public.
- Guidance on calculating how much you can claim for furloughed and flexibly furloughed employees has been updated with clarification of information relating to claim period deadlines and timings
- Language has been changed to make it clear that for claim periods starting on or after 1 December 2020 you cannot claim for any days on or after 1 December 2020 during which the furloughed employee was serving a contractual or statutory notice period. Find out more here.
- Eligibility criteria has been made clearer for employees who are made redundant on or after 23 September 2020 and you have re-employed and employees that have a fixed term contract that expired after 23 September. Find out more here.
Maintaining records of staff, customers and visitors to support NHS Test and Trace: Cinemas, concert venues and theatres have been added to the list of venues that must have a system in place to request and record contact details of their customers, visitors and staff to help break the chains of transmission of Coronavirus. It has also been clarified that indoor sports and leisure centres includes gyms.
Providing apprenticeships during the Coronavirus outbreak: Guidance for apprentices, employers, training providers and assessment organisations has been updated with information about the extension of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme, the national restrictions guidance, the package of support available for those who have been made redundant on or after 15 October, and functional skills.
Kickstart Scheme: employer resources: ‘Tips’ for making a successful Kickstart Scheme application has been updated.