Designed specifically for Transport and Logistics SMEs, TALE (Transport and Logistical Efficiencies) is an ERDF-funded* project design to support Transport and Logistics firms make the most of their logistics data to improve profit margins and reduce costs.
TALE is supported by the European Regional Development Fund and managed by the Haven Gateway Partnership with the Kent and Medway Growth Hub. TALE provides cash, training and expertise to SMES in the transport and logistics who want to exploit their data to make smart business decision and grow their business.
Data analysis: TALE will also support SMEs in the Logistics sector to better understand and analyse their data to increase their efficiency. It will also help them to understand cyber security and the implications on their – data. Specialist expertise is provided by the University of Essex and University of Kent.
- Safeguard Your Data –Improve cyber security and comply with GDPR
- Improve Customer Insight – Market intelligence to reduce costs and grow sales
- Use Data Strategically –Launch new Products and implement innovation
1-2-1 Support: SMEs are able to book a 1 to 1 free data assessment: to get a diagnostic support plan to identify opportunities on better data use opportunities.
Funding: The TALE project also includes a grants programme that will in turn be focussed on supporting SMEs operating in this market to compete through improving productivity and innovation. These grants (40% of the total value of the project) can be spent to implement your company’s growth plans, for example starting a new service, buying software of employing a data specialist.
- Starter Boost – £1K. These grants will support the purchase of software and initial consultancy advice relating to data analytics.
- Step-Change Grant – £-20K. These grants will support the purchase of consultancy and software to embed data analytics tools and techniques into the company to generate business intelligence that will be used in plans to improve efficiencies and/ or launch a new product or service.
- Transformation Grant – £20-60K. These grants will support the purchase of consultancy, software and will also include the option of the establishment of a new role to implement the innovation/solution.
For more information or to register your interest, contact the Kent and Medway Growth Hub or call 01233 225447.
* Normal ERDF SME exclusions apply e.g. De Minimis limits.