Coronavirus (COVID-19): Guidance for Employers and Businesses
This page will be regularly updated with financial information and guidance for businesses and employers during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis. The guidance will include information published by the Government around emergency funding for businesses.
Grants and Funding Programmes
There are many different types of grants and funding available to businesses locally and nationally, including programmes created in response to Coronavirus. The South East Business Hub has compiled a list of schemes that are available across the South East, including both national and local programmes.
- Funding and support
- Self-employed people and sole traders
- Your responsibilities as an employer
- How to run your business safely
- What businesses should be closed
Financial Support Finder
The Government’s Coronavirus Financial Support Finder tool on GOV.UK asks business owners to fill out a simple online questionnaire, which can take minutes to complete, to be directed to a list of all the financial support they may be eligible for.
Money Advice Service
Coronavirus and your money
If you have to take time off work because of coronavirus there are a number of support measures in place.
Coronavirus – what it means for you and what you’re entitled to
The spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in the UK and across the world could have implications for your work, benefits and travel plans.
This Money Advice Service guide looks at your rights to sick pay, what benefits you can claim if you’re self-employed or not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP).
COVID-19 Business Support Grants
Local councils are best placed to determine local needs for supporting business recovery. They will exercise their local knowledge and discretion relevant to their economic need to provide grant funding. Therefore if you are seeking one of the following please contact your local council in the first instance:
- Christmas Support Payment for wet-led pubs
- Additional Restrictions Grant
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (for closed businesses)
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (for open businesses)
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (for nightclub, dance hall and adult entertainment business)
- Local Restrictions Support Grant (for closed businesses due to national lockdown)
Trade Credit Reinsurance scheme
Government to provide guarantees of up to £10 billion to Trade Credit Insurance schemes for business-to-business transactions.
- Trade credit insurance coverage to be maintained across the market in light of COVID-19, with up to £10 billion government backing
- Measures will support thousands of businesses by protecting against customer defaults or payment delays
- Scheme is available on a temporary basis for 9 months, backdated to 1 April 2020, and available insurers operating in the UK market