Mitch Consulting are a firm of Chartered Accountants, who are based in Chelmsford, who offer accounting and finance support for technology start – ups. The business started in 2014 and has built up a good reputation with clients and partners.
The business required support and contacted the Business Southend Essex & Thurrock (BEST) Growth Hub. This led to a referral to the South East Business Boost programme that offers businesses 12 hours free business advice.
Business Adviser, Kurt Scheepers, met with the Directors to advise on the issues and challenges the business was facing. It became clear, from listening to the clients, that the business needed some structure to make it more efficient.
Business Support Benefits
Over a period of time and with the buy in from the directors the business has:
- Established and expanded partnerships with accountants, Solicitors & non-core activities.
- Focused on its costings and refined return of costs.
- Improved internal workflows.
- Implemented monthly management meetings which has facilitated cohesion and led to improved efficiencies & enhanced client experience.
- Focused on their core competencies.
- Focused on their core client base.
- Honed in on their marketing plan which is an ongoing priority.
As a management team, we found the time spent with Kurt invaluable. More than just a sounding board, Kurt gently guided us to realise our potential by teasing out ideas we already had in the backs of our minds and helped us turn them into realistic action points.