Business East Sussex are reminding local businesses to register with their local district or borough council in order to receive government Coronavirus grants. Local District and Borigh Councils have made over 7,000 payments of over £86 million to local businesses. But as of the 27th April, nearly 6,000 or 45% of eligible businesses have still not registered to receive grants leaving £73.5 million unclaimed.
To register, businesses need to complete online registration forms with their local District and Borough council:
- For Lewes District Council and Eastbourne Borough Council, click here.
- For Hastings Borough Council, click here.
- For Rother District Council, click here.
- For Wealden District Council, click here.
Businesses may qualify for either £10,000 or £25,000 grants depending on which of the following funds they are eligible for:
- Small Business Grant Fund – Under the Small Business Grant Fund (SBGF) all eligible businesses in England in receipt of either Small Business Rates Relief (SBRR) or Rural Rates Relief (RRR) in the business rates system will be eligible for a payment of £10,000.
- Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant Fund – Under the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Grant (RHLG) eligible businesses in England in receipt of the Expanded Retail Discount (which covers retail, hospitality and leisure) with a rateable value of less than £51,000 will be eligible for a cash grants of £10,000 or £25,000 per property.
If you have any questions about the grant scheme please contact your local council.
If you want to speak to someone about your business or you want help navigating the broad array of advice and support schemes available, please give Business East Sussex a call on 01273 335878 or contact us through the contact us section of the website.